All About Ramadan 1439-2018
Islam aims to transform the whole life of man into a life of worship. Fasting is the second act of worship that Allah enjoins upon the Muslim that helps us come to that life of total worship.
Sawm or the Fasting means abstaining from dawn to sunset from eating, drinking and sex.
Like the prayer, this act of worship has been part of the Shari`ah given by all the Prophets. Their followers fasted as we do.
However, the rules, the number of days, and the periods prescribed for fasting have varied from one Shari`ah to another. Today, although fasting remains a part of most religions in some form or other, people have often changed its original form by accretions of their own.
O Believers! Fasting is ordained for you, even as it was ordained for those before you. (Al-Baqarah 2:183)
Why has this particular act of worship been practiced in all eras?
Ramadan is earmarked for all Muslims to fast together, to ensure similar results, turning individual into collective i`badah, and suffusing the whole environment with a spirit of righteousness, virtue and piety. As flowers blossom in spring, so does taqwa in Ramadan.
The Prophet, blessings and peace be on him, said:
Every good deed of a man is granted manifold increase, ten to seven hundred times. But says Allah: Fasting is an exception; it is exclusively for Me, and I reward for it as much as I wish. (Al-Bukhari, Muslim)
So, how do we fast in Ramadan? what is true spirit of fasting as an act of worship? And what is the wisdom behind fasting? How can we reap the benefits of witnessing the blessed month of Ramadan?
In this Special Folder (All About Ramadan), we will focus on fasting and its related issues.
Prayers of the Pious (With Sh. Omar Suleiman)
In the first episode of the Prayers of the Pious series, we cover the righteous dua that Abu Bakr (r) made at the end of his lifetime.
Prepare Yourself for Ramadan
Looking ahead to your first Ramadan as a Muslim? How do you expect it to be? What plans do you have for the Holy Month? How achievable are they?
- Ramadan in the Prophetic Sunnah
- How Did Prophet Muhammad Prepare Himself for Ramadan?
- Make This Ramadan Your Best Ramadan Ever
- Avoid These Mistakes during Ramadan
- What Do You Know about Ramadan?
- Ramadan in a Non-Muslim Society
- Ramadan and My Non-Muslim Family
- Ramadan: Ready for the Blessings?
- Ramadan…Seize It before It’s Too Late
- Three Top Tips to Prepare for Ramadan
- Ramadan Countdown for New Muslims
- Approaching Ramadan
- Ramadan: Get Ready for the Season of Goodness
- Prepare for Ramadan: Your Body
- Prepare for Ramadan: Your Mind
What Is Meaning & Significance of Fasting?
Devotion and piety can themselves become habits. When a person starts concentrating in prayer, it is difficult at first to keep focus. The mind is easily distracted. However, after years of persistence, devotion
- Objectives of Fasting and Ramadan
- Fasting in Ramadan: Worship or Habit?
- Ramadan: Reshape Your Life with the Qur’an
- Ramadan and Breaking the Two Desires
- Ramadan: The Embodiment of Discipline
- Ramadan: Objectives & Lessons to Learn (Part 1)
- Ramadan: Objectives & Lessons to Learn (Part 2)
- Objectives of Fasting
- A Blessed Month of a Special Nature
- Why Do Muslims Fast during Ramadan?
- Managing Ramadan with Your Non-Muslim Family
- The Prophet in Ramadan
- The Productive Ramadan Online Course (Animation)
- Fasting From One’s Desires
- Ramadan: The Month of Fasting and Spirituality
- Fast of Ramadan: A Way of Life
- The Secret of Fasting in Ramadan
- Productive Ramadan Resource: The Ramadan Daily Planner
- Virtues of Ramadan (1-30)
- A Day in Ramadan with the Prophet
- Ramadan: Raining with Mercy
What virtues does the first night of Ramadan have? At whom will Allah look in that blessed night? Why? What did the Prophet say about it?
- The Night Prayer
- Is Tarawih Mandatory on Women?
- How Can I Enjoy Listening to the Qur’an in Taraweeh When I Don’t Understand What Is Being Recited?
- Work Schedule and Tarawih Prayer
- Q & A Session on Tarawih and Ramadan
- Making the Most of Tarawih this Ramadan
- A Gift for the 27th Night: A Ramadan Du`a’ with English Translation
- The Key to a Successful Day: Words of Remembrance and Supplication
- Is Qunut Obligatory in Witr Prayer?
- How to Perform the Witr Prayer
Your Health in Ramadan
In some cases, fasting could do more harm than good to some ill people, but could be beneficial to others, and even improve health. Who is exempted from fasting, who can decide this? How should fasting…
Last Ten Days of Ramadan
The last ten nights of Ramadan are very special. These are the nights that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) would spend in constant worship. Among these nights is Laylat al-Qadr…
E-Books on Ramadan
With the coming of Ramadan, every Muslim has to prepare himself for that blessed month. This book tackles the most important issues that a Muslim has to be aware of before going on fasting. It tries to present the rulings of fasting as well as the spiritual objectives for which fasting was obligated. Take your time in going through this helpful book and we hope that we provided something that has been beneficial for you.
- A Brief Guide to Ramadan and Fasting
- Fasting Tips for New Muslims
- Fasting in Ramadan
- Ramadan Preperation Course Pack
- Recharge your Faith – How to Make your Ramadan Outstanding
- Your Day in Ramadan
- The Fasting of Ramadan
- Rulings pertaining to Ramadan
- Essentials of Ramadan
- Zakah and Fasting
- Fiqh of Fasting
- All About Zakat al-Fitr
- The Nature of Fasting
- The Book of (Siyaam) Fasting
- Guiadance For Fasting Muslims
- Seventy Matters Related to Fasting Ramadan
- Fasting Is Protection
- Stay Fit for Ramadan
- 100+ Hadith on Fasting and Ramadan